TALL Group Environmental Policy
Introduction and aim
TALL Security Print Ltd, Checkprint Ltd and DLRT Ltd, are members of the TALL Group of Companies, operate from three sites in Runcorn (Cheshire), Hinckley (Leicestershire) and Lisburn (NI) respectively.
Our main printed products are cheques, credits and other associated security products.
We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner in line with our environmental policy.
We are committed to meet the relevant environmental legislation and regulations in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001.
The Company is committed to the prevention of pollution and in turn the EMS enables the evaluation of the site’s environmental impacts. This facilitates the setting of clear objectives with the aim of establishing continual improvement in environmental performance.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
We aim to:
- Minimise solvent consumption and the emission of volatile organic compounds.
- Define good housekeeping for solvent and ink use
- Reduce the generation of general and specific wastes
- Reduce paper waste to a minimum
- Source our paper from environmentally sustainable sources.
- Minimise the use of energy sources – gas, electricity, water, fuel
- Provide opportunities for recycling
- Encourage suppliers to adopt environmentally friendly processes and promote our Environmental commitment.
- Effectively communicate our environmental policy, procedures and commitment to all staff
- Monitoring and auditing
- Progress against these objectives will be monitored through our Environmental Review Meetings